SWEEPSTAKES OFFICIAL RULES
“Golden Ticket” Sweepstakes
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
THIS SWEEPSTAKES IS OPEN ONLY TO LEGAL UNITED STATES RESIDENTS. VOID IN ALASKA, HAWAII, NEVADA AND NEW YORK, PUERTO RICO AND WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
1. PROMOTION PERIOD: The “Golden Ticket” Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) begins at 12:00:01 am prevailing Eastern Time (“ET”) on August 1, 2011 and ends at 11:59:59 pm ET on May 31, 2012 (the “Promotion Period”). All online entries must be received during the Promotion Period and all mail-in entries must be postmarked by May 31, 2012 and received by June 8, 2012. The computer of Country Maid, Inc. (the “Sponsor”) is the official time keeping device for this Sweepstakes with respect to online entries.
2. ELIGIBILITY: The Sweepstakes is open to legal residents of the United States and the District of Columbia who are at least twenty-one (21) years of age or older as of the date of entry. The Sweepstakes is void in Alaska, Hawaii, Nevada, New York, Puerto Rico and where prohibited by law. The Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations.
Employees of the Sponsor, any distributor or dealer of Sponsor and Disney’s All-Star Movies Resort – Lake Buena Vista, FL, SpringHill Suites Minneapolis-St. Paul Airport – Eagan, MN, Delta Airlines, VISA and their respective subsidiaries and affiliated companies, divisions, parent companies, officers, directors, agents and advertising agencies, as well as members of the immediate family of such employees, are not eligible to participate or win. The term “immediate family” includes spouses, siblings, parents, children, grandparents, and grandchildren, whether as “in-laws,” or by current or past marriage(s), remarriage(s), adoption, co-habitation or other family extension, and any other persons residing at the same household whether or not related.
3. HOW TO ENTER: You can enter the Sweepstakes in one of three ways. (1) Look inside specially marked packages of Butter Braid® brand pastries for a “Golden Ticket.” Register the Golden Ticket online at www.butterbraid.com. Complete the online “Golden Ticket” registration process during the Promotion Period. EVEN IF YOU FIND A GOLDEN TICKET YOU HAVE NOT YET WON. You will only be registered to participate in the prize drawing. (2) Online Entry: Even if you have not found a Golden Ticket, you may enter the Sweepstakes online at www.butterbraid.com. Complete the online entry form during the Promotion Period. (3) Mail-In Entry: Even if you have not found a Golden Ticket, you may enter the Sweepstakes by printing your name, address (no P.O. boxes), age and e-mail address on a 3” x 5” card, and mail it in an envelope to: Country Maid, Inc., 213 4th Avenue NE, PO Box 56, West Bend, Iowa 50597, Attn: Sweepstakes. Limit one (1) entry per outer postmarked envelope. No mass or mechanically reproduced requests will be accepted. For Vermont Residents Only: You may call toll free 1-888-460-6904 from 9 am ET to 4 pm ET, Monday through Friday (excluding holidays), to obtain a postage-paid envelope to submit your mail-in entry.
LIMIT: One (1) entry per household during the Promotion Period. Multiple participants are not allowed to use the same email address or mailing address. Any attempt by a participant to circumvent the foregoing limitations by using numerous email addresses, mailing addresses, registrations, identities, or any other methods will void that participant’s entries and that participant may be disqualified. The use of automated software or computer programs to register or enter the Sweepstakes is prohibited, and any individual who uses or attempts to use such methods to register or to enter will be disqualified. Valid entries must contain all information requested. Incomplete entries will be disqualified. In the event of a dispute, the authorized account holder of the email address used to enter will be deemed to be the participant. The authorized account holder is the natural person who is both (i) at least 21 years of age, and (ii) assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses. The Sponsor will not verify receipt of entries. By entering, participants acknowledge compliance with these Official Rules, including eligibility requirements. Responsibility for receipt of entry rests solely with the participant.
4. PRIZE DRAWING: A random drawing will be conducted by the Sponsor on or about June 18, 2012 at 2:00 pm ET at the Sponsor’s principal office in West Bend, Iowa from among all eligible entries received during the Promotion Period. The winner agrees to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor, whose decisions are final on all matters relating to this Sweepstakes.
5. PRIZE: ONE (1) Grand Prize: A two-day, two-night trip for four (4) people to the Sponsor’s manufacturing plant in West Bend, Iowa, followed immediately by a four-day, three-night trip for four (4) people to Disney’s All-Star Movies Resort in Lake Buena Vista, Florida (the “Trip”). The Trip includes one-way coach airfare on Delta Airlines for four (4) people from the major airport nearest the winner’s residence to Minneapolis – St. Paul International Airport in Minneapolis, Minnesota, one-way coach airfare on Delta Airlines for four (4) people from Minneapolis – St. Paul International Airport in Minneapolis, Minnesota to Orlando International Airport in Orlando, Florida and one-way coach airfare on Delta Airlines for four (4) people from Orlando International Airport in Orlando, Florida to the major airport nearest the winner’s residence. Departure airports will be determined by the Sponsor in the Sponsor’s sole discretion. The Trip includes round trip ground transportation between Minneapolis – St. Paul International Airport and the Sponsor’s manufacturing plant and the hotel accommodations in Eagan, Minnesota, and round trip ground transportation between Orlando International Airport and Disney’s All-Star Movies Resort. The Trip includes two (2) night’s accommodations in two (2) double occupancy, standard guest accommodations at the SpringHill Suites in Eagan, Minnesota, and three (3) night’s accommodations in two (2) double occupancy, standard guest accommodations at the Disney’s All-Star Movies Resort in Lake Buena Vista, Florida. This Trip includes two (2) complimentary breakfasts for four (4) people at SpringHill Suites in Eagan, Minnesota, lunch for four (4) people in West Bend, Iowa, dinner for four (4) people en route to Eagan, Minnesota, and “Quick-Service Dining” for four (4) people per day at Disney’s All-Star Movies Resort in Lake Buena Vista, Florida. The Trip includes admission for four (4) people into one of the four (4) Disney theme parks in Lake Buena Vista, Florida for two (2) days. This trip includes a $500 prepaid VISA gift card to use at sole discretion of winner. Additional meals and beverages, incidentals, tips and gratuities, souvenirs, luggage fees, seating upgrades and any and all other expenses not specifically mentioned herein are the sole responsibility of winner. (ARV: $6,072). Odds of winning depend upon the number of eligible entries received. Actual retail value may vary based on airfare fluctuations and airlines and airports used between departures and destinations. Any differences between stated ARV and actual retail value will not be awarded.
Unclaimed prizes will not be awarded. Other restrictions may apply. The Sponsor reserves the right to substitute any portion of these prizes, including travel length, dates, and destination, for a prize of equal or greater value. No transfer, assignment, change of the prize, or cash substitution is permitted except at the sole discretion of the Sponsor. If a winner cannot be contacted or is disqualified, the Sponsor reserves the right to determine an alternate winner, in its sole discretion. Washington Residents Only: If you receive a rain check in lieu of the prize you are entitled by law to receive the prize, an item of equal or greater value or the cash equivalent of the offered prize within 30 days of the date you claimed the prize.
6. WINNERS; RELEASE: Winner will be notified by mail and/or email on or about July 2, 2012 and will be given five (5) days to confirm receipt of notification. The Sponsor is not responsible for any change of email address and/or mailing address of participants. If a winner cannot be contacted from the information provided on the entry form, the Sponsor reserves the right to select another winner in its sole discretion. Winner will be required to complete and return an Affidavit of Eligibility/Liability Release (including, where permitted, a Publicity Release) all in form and content acceptable to Sponsor (the “Affidavit and Release”) within fourteen (14) days of notification. Failure to return the executed Affidavit and Release within that time may result in forfeiture of the prize and random selection of alternate winner from remaining eligible entries. Guests of winner must complete a Liability Release (including, where permitted, a Publicity Release) prior to issuance of travel documents. Winner will be subject to a verification process, to include the winner’s name, address and social security number, and are subject to background checks. The Sponsor is not liable if email is not responded to within the time allowed or prize notification letter is lost in the mail or returned as undeliverable when delivery is attempted by regular mail.
7. DELIVERY DISCLAIMER: The Sponsor disclaims all liability for the inability of a participant to complete an online entry due to equipment malfunction, busy lines, inadvertent disconnections, acts beyond the Sponsor’s control, or otherwise. The Sponsor disclaims all liability for any delays, misdelivery, loss, or failure in the delivery of any item sent by electronic transmission or other delivery method. The Sponsor is not responsible for human, mechanical, technical, electronic, communications, telephone, computer, hardware or software errors, malfunctions or failures of any kind, including: any form of active or passive filtering, insufficient space in participant’s e-mail account to receive e-mail messages, failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed transmission of online entries, traffic congestion on telephone lines, the Internet, or on any website, or lost or unavailable network connections that may limit an online participant’s ability to participate in the Sweepstakes, and any injury or damage to participant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participating in or downloading any information necessary to participate in the Sweepstakes. No mechanically reproduced entries or facsimiles will be accepted. Entries void if incomplete, defective, altered, forged, illegible, or received outside authorized channels. The Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual (and all of his or her entries, or any portion thereof) who tampers with the entry process. The Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to cancel or suspend this Sweepstakes should fraud, virus, bugs or other causes beyond the control of the Sponsor corrupt the administration, security or proper play of the Sweepstakes. In the event of cancellation, the Sponsor will determine a winner in an equitable manner as determined by the Sponsor.
8. PUBLICITY; USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION: By participating, where allowed by law, all participants and winner(s) grant the Sponsor permission to use their names, geographical data, characters, photographs, voices, videotape, and/or likenesses in connection with promotion of this Sweepstakes and other sweepstakes, and otherwise, in any and all media now known or hereinafter invented without territorial or time limitations and waive any claims to royalty, right, or remuneration for such use. By participating in the Sweepstakes, where allowed by law, participants agree that the Sponsor may disclose personal information obtained from participants in the Sweepstakes to third parties and use such information for marketing and other purposes.
9. TAXES: Any valuation of the prize stated above is based on available information provided to the Sponsor, and the value of any prize awarded to a winner will be reported for tax purposes as required by law. The winner is solely responsible for reporting and paying any and all applicable taxes related to the prize and paying any expenses associated with the prize that are not specifically provided for in the Official Rules. The winner must provide the Sponsor with valid identification and a valid social security number before any prize will be awarded. The winner will receive an IRS form 1099 at the end of the calendar year and a copy of such form will be filed with the IRS.
10. CONDUCT AND DECISIONS: By participating in the Sweepstakes, participants agree to be bound by the decisions of the Sponsor’s personnel. Persons who violate any rule, gain an unfair advantage in participating in the Sweepstakes, or obtain winner status using fraudulent means will be disqualified. The Sponsor will interpret these rules and resolve any disputes, conflicting claims or ambiguities concerning the rules or the Sweepstakes and the Sponsor’s decisions concerning such disputes shall be final. If the conduct or outcome of the Sweepstakes is affected by human error, any mechanical malfunctions or failures of any kind, intentional interference or any event beyond the control of the Sponsor, the Sponsor reserves the right to terminate the Sweepstakes, or make such other decisions regarding the outcome as the Sponsor deems appropriate. All decisions will be made by the Sponsor and are final. The Sponsor may waive any of these Official Rules in its sole discretion. Any attempt by a participant or any other individual to deliberately circumvent, disrupt, damage or undermine the legitimate operation of this Sweepstakes is a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such an attempt be made, the Sponsor reserves the right to seek civil and/or criminal prosecution and/or damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law.
11. RELEASE: As a condition of entering, participants agree (and agree to confirm in writing): (a) to release the Sponsor, any dealer or distributor of Sponsor and any prize provider, and their respective subsidiaries and affiliated companies, divisions, parent companies, officers, directors, employees, agents and employees of agents, and advertising and public relations agencies and all others associated with the development and execution of the Sweepstakes, from and against any and all liability with respect to or in any way arising from this Sweepstakes or the use of the participant’s entry and the awarding, receipt, possession and/or use or misuse of any prize, including without limitation liability for any travel related to the Sweepstakes, death, personal injury, loss, and/or disability; (b) under no circumstances will participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and participant hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental, consequential, or any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses; and (c) any and all claims, judgments, and award shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, excluding attorneys’ fees and court costs.
12. MISCELLANEOUS: The winner must submit proof of eligibility and sign the Sponsor’s Affidavit and Release to claim the prize. The Sponsor may substitute prizes, as well as extend, modify, or discontinue the Sweepstakes at any time without prior notice. The Sponsor disclaims any responsibility to notify participants of any aspect related to the conduct of the Sweepstakes. The Sponsor is not responsible for any typographical error in the printing of these Official Rules, administration of the Sweepstakes, or in the announcement of the Sweepstakes prize. All entries and information become property of the Sponsor and will not be returned.
13. WINNER LIST: For a winner list, where required by law, send a stamped, self-addressed envelope no earlier than August 1, 2012 and no later than December 31, 2012 to the Sponsor’s address set forth below. Vermont residents only may omit return postage. A winner list will also be posted at the Sponsor’s principal office in West Bend, Iowa for a limited time.
14. JURISDICTION: By entering, participants agree that all issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, participant’s rights and obligations, or the rights and obligations of the Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Iowa without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules. By entering, participants consent to the exclusive jurisdiction and venue of the federal, state, and local courts located in Polk County, Iowa.
15. SPONSOR: Country Maid, Inc., 213 4th Avenue NE, West Bend, Iowa 50597, Attention: Sweepstakes. To contact Sponsor via phone: 1-888-460-6904.
© 2007-2013 All Rights Reserved